The visa

Visa information for Adventure China

To spend your summer at camp in China, you will need the cultural exchange F visa. This is because you will be volunteering in China at summer camp as part of a cultural exchange program.

You’re eligible if:

  • You're 18 - 30 years old by June 1st.
  • You're available to travel to China by the middle of June.
  • You can spend 8 weeks at camp from your departure date.
  • You can speak English fluently.
  • You have a clean criminal record.

Step by step guidance

Visa application

During your Adventure China preparation course, we’ll walk you through the online Chinese cultural exchange F visa application step by step.

If you have any questions at any point about your visa application, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Embassy day

You’ll need to attend your closest visa centre in person to submit your application and documents. On average, visa processing takes three days from the day of your appointment at the centre.

Frequently asked questions

What visa do I need for summer camp in China?

You need a cultural exchange F visa.

What are the visa requirements for Adventure China?
  • You must be 18 - 30 by June 1st.
  • You must have a clean criminal record.
  • You must have a valid passport with at least 6 months until its expiration date.
  • For more information check out our eligibility page.
How do I apply for a cultural exchange F visa for China?

Apply online. We will go through this process in detail during your preparation.

Where do I go to get my cultural exchange F visa?

You will attend your nearest Chinese embassy, likely Manchester or Edinburgh.

What do I need to take to my embassy appointment?

Head to the visa section on your profile for a full list of documents needed for the embassy day.

What happens after my embassy appointment?

It will take 5-7 working days to be approved and then you will have to go and collect it from the embassy. Alternatively, you can pay extra to get it posted back to you.

How many times can I get the cultural exchange F visa?

There is no limit. You can keep going back to camp through Adventure China for many years to come.