Master the great wall of summer camp
WHAT IS CLIMBING AT CAMP?
- Camps may have a climbing wall, high/low ropes course or a zip-line.
- You may be trained to belay campers as they use the climbing facilities.
- As a camp trainer you'll be expected to ensure the safety of anyone using the climbing equipment
Climbing is a popular activity at camp & is a great way to encourage campers to push themselves out of their comfort zone. You'll play a key role in the growth and accomplishments of multiple campers.
- Be patient & encouraging
- Have a passion for adventure & being outdoors
- Be able to pass any relevant training course
How do I get involved in climbing at camp?
Make sure you select a range of climbing related skills on your Adventure China profile such as climbing, high/low ropes etc.
Talk about any previous climbing experience and use practical examples to show why you would flourish in this activity at camp.
Camp directors love it when camp trainers bring something different to camp, so include examples of games you could play to boost the confidence of campers in climbing sessions.
Individuals who are reliable, focused and have a natural talent for encouraging people to go further, will be perfect at camp in China.
Your role as a camp trainer involves taking your group of children around camp and leading & assisting their participation in a range of activities.Find out what other activities you may teach at camp